Saturday 19 January 2013

Crocheting Gifts

I just wanted to pop in quickly today to share a couple of recent makes with you.

Makes of the wooly kind...


Two little hobby horses, one for my son and one for our god-daughter.
(It would seem I got abit carried away with the stuffing in the little brown horse.)


I found the pattern for free, here.
Crocheting the pattern itself was easy peasy, put the whole thing together, not so much.


Here's a little ear warmer I made for my Mum.
I crocheted a simple DC band and added the flower from a design in Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench.

The last few days have been boring, to say the least. We have so much snow here it's unbelievable. I've hardly left the house since Wednesday. I have been trying to find little projects to occupy myself (and avoid housework.)
Today I picked up the hexie cushion I started ages ago.


Who knows, perhaps I'll even finish it :-)

Lots of Love

Katie

xxx

13 comments:

  1. Lovely makes Katie ... I especially love the hobby horses ... hope the snow clears soon ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are brilliant makes. Dont worry about staying in you can always make another of those hobby horses, they are gorgeous! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute projects on the go there, love the horses! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely crocheted goodies. The horses are fab!
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects there! Can't wait to see the finished hexie cushion. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creations are beautiful, the horses are especially lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your makes, Katie. Those horses are amazing!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Katie,
    the horses you made looking so cute. Good job! Have a nice week. Nicolexxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful makes. love the hoby horses

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic makes!!! You clever thing!!! I love those horses, with their button-eyes!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Katie, thanks for visiting my blog!
    I am your newest follower; going to explore your blog!
    So much fun meeting all those new lovely ladies with beautiful and inspiring blogs....
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those hobby horses are beautiful! I would never have thought to make something like that!! all these ideas will be great when I start having children :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the little horse crochet riding sticks. Must make some for gifts. We have miniature horses on our farm so when I saw this post I was clapping wildly ! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete